September 1st finally arrived and I was ready with my new bag and coat in hand and ready to conquer over all. :)
As I walk a half block to meet the almost 1000 students at this theater I pass many children and their parents on the street with flowers in hand and excitement on their faces. I was getting more and more anxious as I walk towards the building. When I arrive I see many boys dressed in their best attire (This will include suit and tie) and girls in their high heels and nice clothing. I enter the building not knowing exactly where to go but just follow the group of students who look like they know where they are going.
I get seated in this huge auditorium on the side of the stage, took a couple of pictures and waited for the ceremony to start. The principal introduces me and I stand up from my chair as the kids applause and I sit back down.
That was pretty much the first day of school. I start tomorrow with the only class I have to teach at 1:45 in the afternoon. I know, I know. I'm very lucky. Check out the kiddos that I will be teaching for the upcoming year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment