My trip to Vilnius, Lithuania was very enjoyable. To quickly sum up, Eurovision, wine, and walking too many times toward the same street. :)
We arrived very late and easily found where we were supposed to stay with a little help of a phone call. The flat was very nice and had been newly renovated. We were quite lucky to have such a nice place, even though the shower would fill the floor with water after each use. We did have some slight problems with being prepared with Euros and in cash to pay. We didn't have it so Davids and Ilze had to make a quick trip to the ATM. Luckily they settled for Lits.
The next day we had wonderful scrambled eggs that Davids and Ilze prepared. We left around noon to discover the city. We walked and walked around trying to find the "gate of the large ghetto" and to our surprise, found a plaque on the wall instead. I guess I should have read closer in the guide book because it also said that a plaque stands to represent the gate. Needless to say, we did not attempt to find the "gate to the small ghetto".
We discovered at the end of the day that we walked around for six hours. Talk about a long walk! We finally came home cooked some dinner and watched Eurovision. I found out that I'm not a devout European because I never watched an episode of this show. It is pretty much American Idol but a lot more spectaular. :) Anyway... Norway won.
When we woke up Sunday morning it was raining pretty good outside. We decided to take it pretty easy from all of the fun we had the night before. We had another filling breakfast and then made our way to the bus station. That is pretty much it. I have a button and pictures to show for it. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment