Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving

It happened! I was able to not only celebrate Thanksgiving, but two Thanksgivings! I wouldn't have believed it but it is absolutely true.
A great guy who works for the embassy knew that I had some non turkey plans for this special holiday and he decided to invite me to their family dinner because they had an extra seat. We had homemade rolls, stuffing, mash potatoes, green bean casserole, and of course turkey and even pumpkin pie. There were also children there to fill the large room with noise. It was a great evening. Your normal everyday Thanksgiving dinner. :)
My second dinner came unexpected, especially for the simple fact that it happened just this month. I attended a birthday party and there I met a couple of girls. One is from Canada and the other from the U.S. They were both very nice, and apparently they thought the same about me. They invited me to join their dinner. It was great. I got to meet a lot more people. Some more Canadians and a few Latvians. What a wonderful dinner and how lucky for me. :) Check out the grub on my picasa web album.

No comments: