So, not too much happening these days. We are getting snow again. It has snowed more this year than the last, so I count myself lucky that it is cold enough to not get rain. :) I try not to eat out a lot because it tends to be a little expensive. I went to my colleagues house last night to celebrate her late birthday and had too much good food and wine. I do have to say that I'm lucky to have such wonderful people to work with. I have also met some new Latvian-Americans/French-Canadians. They are very nice and I seem to get along with them very well. We are going to a concert this coming Monday. That should be a lot of fun.
Students are still pretty good. Last week, one of them, out of the blue, asked if she could give me a hug. It was nice. Being an international teacher here is completely different than being one in the states. I think I'm more respected here by students than what American kids would be. A little sad, but that is definitely a strong opinion of mine. Of course, you always have the few that give you a hard time, and don't worry, I'm keeping up the practice of being a mean teacher too. :)
I'm getting to wrap up my tutoring duties with a couple of kids. Jett and Trad have been great and so have their parents. We went bowling last week and it was a lot of fun. Marcy ( the mother) called me after they dropped me off, and she said that Jett all of a sudden said, "Oh noooo." They didn't know what was going on; come to find out, they forgot to take their bowling shoes off and give them back. Needless to say, they went back to return them.
Today is Valentine's day, and although my valentine is across the world, he was able to coordinate with a friend of mine and get flowers sent to me. It was a wonderful surprise. It was such a surprise that for a few seconds I was still trying to figure out who was playing some kind of joke on me. Happy Valentines Justin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment