Friday, November 21, 2008

Stereotypes

Okay. I thought it would be funny and interesting to hear what this country (my students in particular) thinks about America/Americans. Feel free to comment. My students have my blog site as well so it would be good for them to see how you guys react to their opinions. :) Be insightful and respectful. This is a good way to learn about one another.

1. We are a fat country (that came to me as no surprise)

2. We eat fastfood all the time

3. We like big things (big cars, big houses, etc)

4. Life in a normal high school is like the movies, even the parties. (I wish)

5. We have a lot of pride for our country.

6. We are not as well educated as the rest of the world.

I can't remember anymore. I will add them as I go.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Those all seem pretty accurate to me. They are certainly generalities, but I wouldn't disagree with any of them. I don't know how they did things at Derby, but our Maize parties were EXACTLY like the movies. My nerdy friend and I once created a woman with our computer who ultimately made us cool and got us girl friends just like on "Weird Science".

Rose said...

Too funny Jesse. :) One of my students did notice that people involved in parties always drink out of red and blue cups. I had to think about what he was talking about. Soho cups! :)