Alas, I leave school today around 4:30 and the sun is setting. This time a month ago it was pitch black outside. The days are becoming longer, slowly but surely. :)
An another note... as I was walking home, I had stopped at a crosswalk waiting for the signal to change. An old lady spoke to me it Latvian. I had no idea what words she had spoken but understood that she wanted help crossing the street. I held out my arm and she wrapped hers around mine. We stepped out onto the street very carefully and walked across it as if we were walking on ice. I was glad at that moment that I had observed other older ladies being helped by younger women from days, weeks and months before. I felt pretty good being the good Samaritan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Slowly is the word.
I'm concentrating on how great the long days will be in May and June.
Post a Comment